Mount Batur Sunrise Trekking Tour is the best and most popular climbing trip in Bali that will forever stay in your mind, an experience that you will never forget.
Catch the sun rising above the clouds as you climb Bali’s famous Mount Batur, an active volcano part of UNESCO’s Global Geopark Network.
At sunrise, the sky turns from black to inky blue to pink and orange revealing the expanse of the volcanic valley.
Mount Batur (Gunung Batur), rising 5,633 feet (1,717 meters) above sea level In the highlands of Kintamani. Is an active volcano located at the center of two concentric calderas north west of Mount Agung on the island of Bali.
This is the most recommended volcano trekking in Bali as seen on Tripadvisor, Lonely Planet and others guide Books.
The trek to Mount Batur sunrise point is a relatively easy climb and is suitable for most persons, as well as children ages six or older.
It’s takes about two hours to reach the peak. Once you arrive at the highest point, it really feels as though you are on top of the world.
As you can see the majestic peak of neighboring Mount Abang hovering above the clouds, the distant cone of Mount Agung on the horizon, and the caldera lake spread out below.
Our Mount Batur Sunrise Trekking Tour package is included of experienced local trekking guide, return hotel transfer, breakfast, flashlight, mineral water, and taxes.
❀ What You Can Expect
Be picked up from your hotel at early morning and hop in comfortable transportation for the starlit ride to your trek’s starting point.
Once you arrive safely at Toya Bungkah village, you’ll meet your guide for the trek who will brief you on history, culture and safety procedures for your trek.
Then just follow your guide along the trail as the dawn light begins to brighten up the path and its surroundings. A beautiful sunrise view awaits at the summit, but there is plenty to see along the trail as well.
Once you reach the top at the highest point, it really feels as though you are on top of the world, as you can see the majestic peak of neighbouring Mount Abang hovering above the clouds, the distant cone of Mount Agung on the horizon, and the caldera lake spread out below.
Just sit and relax as the sun rises over the eastern sky. Your guide will begin cooking your breakfast over the volcanic steam as you take pictures or sit and enjoy the view.
When ready, you’ll begin your trek back down the mountain. As we make our way down we’ll take in the amazing volcanic landscape and might even come across a troop of mountain monkeys playing on the rocks.
On your way home, we’ll take you stop at Kintamani highlands which has a great view of Mount Batur and its fantastic lake. It is situated in the plateau area with cool weather surround it.
Relax in the cold mountain breeze, and then coffee or morning tea that served at a delightful restaurant while you can see the volcano view and it’s crater lake.
Next to Sribatu village and join a walking tour into the local farm. Stroll past fragrant coffee, vanilla, fruits, spices, and clove plantations and learn about the uses and medicinal benefits of the herbs.
Get a behind-the-scenes look at the roasting process, especially Coffee Luwak which is mainly produced in the Indonesian Archipelago. This coffee is made from the beans of coffee berries which have been eaten by Luwak the Asian Palm Civet (Paradoxurus hermaphroditus) and other related civets, then passed through its digestive tract.
At the end of the day head to Tegalalang village, the most beautiful view of rice terraces. Meet local farmers planting and harvesting and then learn about Subak, a traditional and ecologically sustainable irrigation system that combines the realms of spirits, humans, and nature.
❀ Pickup Schedules
01.30 AM | Nusa Dua area
02.00 AM | Jimbaran, Kuta, Seminyak, Sanur area
02.00 AM |Candidasa area
02.30 AM | Ubud area
❀ What to Bring ?
Layers of warm clothing and gloves (it can be cold before the sunrise), a torch/flashlight, comfortable shoes with good grip, and your camera of course! Also bring some breakfast if you’re not planning to buy at the peak.
❀ When you sholud do Mount Batur Trekking ?
Since Mount Batur remains one of Indonesia’s most active volcanoes, it’s important to inquire about current activity before making the trek.
For the best chance of clear skies and dry weather, plan to visit between April and October. July and August tend to be busiest on the trails.
❀ Mount Batur Sunrise Trekking Tour Highlights
- Hike to the top of an active volcano, Mount Batur, part of UNESCO’s Global Geopark Network
- Hike up to the height of 1717 meters (5633 feet) above sea level and be rewarded with mesmerizing views
- Make use of fantastic photo taking opportunities of the volcanic valley, Mount Agung, Mount Abang and more
- Indulge in a delicious breakfast at the top with the backdrop of stunning Balinese mountainscapes
- Marvel at the majestic Mount Batur Volcano from the Kintamani highlands
- Decadent sips of exclusive coffee luwak & plantation visit
- Absorb the verdant beauty of the Tegalalang Rice Terraces
Sharing Tour :
- Group of 6-12——-Rp 430,000 Per person
- Group of 3-5——–Rp 454,000 Per person
- Group of 1-2——–Rp 545,000 Per person
- Comfortable sharing air-conditioned car with English speaking guide and driver
- Experienced trekking guide
- Mineral water
- Government tax
❀ Additional Info
- This activity is not recommended for pregnant women and those with back, heart or other serious medical conditions
- A moderate amount of walking is involved and it is recommended you have a moderate level of fitness
- The price quoted per person in US dollar
- A minimum of 2 (two) adult per booking is required
- The payment can be done by cash either US $ or Indonesian Rupiah, based on the latest exchange rates
- Above price are all inclusive, reasonable and fair price, that means NO HIDDEN FEES